Here is where you can find all the latest info on the Summit County, CO market from Anne & Molly of The Skinner Team. Including our monthly video series and information compiled by the Land Title Guarantee Company.
A Review of October 2018 Market Stats Info:
Please note that Land Title data comes from actual recorded transactions at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office for that particular month. The information is not directly related to MLS data. The data is an unofficial tabulation of Summit County Records that are believed to be reasonably accurate. If you choose to utilize this marketing information in any publications or websites, please make sure you are quoting Land Title as your source. You are welcome to utilize this link within your own websites.
- Market Analysis by Area for September 2018: There were a total of 259 transactions and $161,902,700 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas, plus Deed Restricted transactions, was $656,093, average residential price was $724,882 and average residential PSF was $478.
- Year to Date Market Analysis ( 9 months): Monetary volume in YTD 2018 totaled $1,262,111,655 with 1866 transactions: $705,136 average transaction price, $739,194 average residential price and average residential PSF $467.
- Market Snapshot for Years 2018 vs 2017: Average Indicators for $: Single Family +3%, Multi- Family +9% and Vacant Land +14%. Median Indicators for Single Family +6%, Multi- Family +8% and Vacant Land +16%.
- Market Analysis % Change 2018: Monetary volume ($161,902,700) in September 2018 was up only 1% from September 2017. Transactions (259) were up 4% from September 2017. YTD 2018 monetary volume is up 11% from YTD 2017, and transactions are up 2% YTD 2018 compared to YTD 2017.
- Residential Cost Analysis: Residential volume in September had 196 transactions with $142,076,900 gross volume. There were 38 properties that sold for $1M and above in September The most active price points were between $300K-$500K with 58 transactions. There were 78 Single Family, 118 Multi-Family and 18 Vacant Land transactions.
- Average Price History by Type 2018: Average price for residential Single Family: $1,029,123, Multi- Family: $523,774 and Vacant Land: $318,444.
- Comparative Historical Cost Analysis YTD 2018: There were 1469 residential transactions and $1,085,876,278 gross $ volume with 272 properties selling for $1M and over.
- Top Lender Analysis September 2018: There were 552 loans in September, 74% of purchasers closing with financing at the time of the sale, there were 82 REFI’s and 278 loans were timeshare related. 26% of the real estate closings were cash transactions.
- Market Highlights: Please see page 11 of the Market Analysis- You can note the higher priced sale in September in the Woodmor area at $4,030,000. The top priced PSF in the Main Street Station Condos at $1,056.
- Foreclosures: There were 6 Foreclosure actions taken in September compared to 3 last September 2017.
- Purchaser Profile Abstract: There were 40 upper end sales in September 2018 compared to 61 in August 2018. Our buyers for real estate transactions for 2018: Front Range demographic at 41% of our market, 35% are “local” and 23% are out of state buyers with 0% International. Please note a new page 17 comparing demographics of our buyers through 2013.
- Land Title New Development Summary: This (page 18) shows all the new construction each month, there were 26 in September compared to 40 in August.
Historical Summit County Market Analysis
Click here for Archived Summit County Market Analysis