Here is where you can find all the latest info on the Summit County, CO market from Anne of The Skinner Team. Including our monthly video series and information compiled by the Land Title Guarantee Company.
As Summit County and Colorado are under Public Health Orders to combat the Coronavirus, The Skinner Team will be doing weekly market stats updates to follow the trends to see if and when a shift may take place.
A Review of 4/12 – 4/18 Market Stats Info:
Please note that Land Title data comes from actual recorded transactions at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office for that particular month. The information is not directly related to MLS data. The data is an unofficial tabulation of Summit County Records that are believed to be reasonably accurate. If you choose to utilize this marketing information in any publications or websites, please make sure you are quoting Land Title as your source. You are welcome to utilize this link within your own websites.
The COVID-19 Pandemic in Summit County Impact began on March 15, 2020 with the immediate mandate on the ski area closures.
- Market Analysis by Area for March 2020: There were a total of 133 transactions and $99,852,065 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas, plus Deed Restricted transactions, was $777,206 average residential price was $902,364 and average residential PSF was $534.
- YTD 2020 Market Analysis by Area (3 months): There were a total of 393 transactions, and $306,893,935 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas is $797,802, average residential price was $859,107 and average residential PPF was $530.
- Market Snapshot for FULL Years 2019 vs 2018: Average Indicators for $: Single Family -1%, Multi- Family +7% and Vacant Land -7%. Median Indicators for Single Family +2%, Multi- Family +9% and Vacant Land -10%.
- Market Analysis % Change YTD Year 2020: Monetary volume ($99,852,065) in March 2020 was down 2% from March 2019. Transactions (133) were down 1% from March 2019. YTD 2020 Monetary Volume is pacing 4% down from YTD 2019. YTD 2020 transactions are pacing 3% down to YTD 2019.
- Residential Cost Analysis: Residential volume in March had 100 transactions with $90,236,400 gross volume. There were 29 properties that sold for $1M and above in March. There were 40 Single Family, 60 Multi-Family and 15 Vacant Land transactions.
- Average Price History by Type- YTD Year 2020: Average price for residential Single Family: $1,256,581, Multi- Family: $596,261 and Vacant Land: $320,903.
- Comparative Historical Cost Analysis Comparison YTD 2020-2019-2018: In 2020, there were 309 residential transactions and $265,464,100 gross $ volume with 87 properties selling for over $1M. In 2019, there were 309 transactions with $256,406,796 gross $ volume with 69 properties selling for over $1M. In 2018, there were 322 transactions with $229,269,563 gross $ volume with 54 properties selling for over $1M.
- Top Lender Analysis March 2020: There were 490 loans in March. 78 loans were related to sales, there were 199 REFI’s and 213 loans were timeshare related. 42% of the real estate closings were cash transactions.
- Market Highlights: Please see page 11 of the Market Analysis- Note the the higher priced sale in March 2020 in the Shock Hill area in Breckenridge at $4,600,000. The top priced PSF was in a Four O’Clock Condo in Breckenridge at $1,317.
- Foreclosures: There were 2 foreclosure actions in March. YTD 2020, there are 8 Foreclosure actions.
- Purchaser Profile Abstract: Upper end sales were at 29 in March compared to 34 in February. Our buyers for real estate transactions for March 2020: Front Range demographic at 44% of our market, 23% are “local” and 33% are out of state buyers with 0% International.
- Land Title New Development Summary: This (page 18) shows all the new construction each month, there were 13 in March.
Historical Summit County Market Analysis
Click here for Archived Summit County Market Analysis