Anne takes a moment to break down the latest real estate market information for Summit County, CO for May 2021.
Please note that Land Title data comes from actual recorded transactions at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office for that particular month. The information is not directly related to MLS data. The data is an unofficial tabulation of Summit County Records that are believed to be reasonably accurate. If you choose to utilize this marketing information in any publications or websites, please make sure you are quoting Land Title as your source. You are welcome to utilize this link within your own websites.
- Market Analysis by Area for April 2021: There were a total of 231 transactions and $217,485,200 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas, plus Deed Restricted transactions, was $972,821. The average residential price was $1,065,545 and the average residential PSF was $641.
- Market Analysis by Area YTD 2021 (4 Months): There were a total of 802 transactions totaling $706,668,332 in monetary volume. Average transaction price was $912,781, average residential price was $1,004,737 and average residential PPF was $615.
- Market Snapshot for FULL Years 2021 vs 2020: Average Indicators for $: Single Family +14%, Multi- Family +12% and Vacant Land -4%. Median Indicators for Single Family +14%, Multi- Family +12% and Vacant Land +9%.
- Market Analysis % Change YTD April 2021 (*last April 2020- Pandemic Shut Down): Monetary volume in April 2021 was up 242% from April 2020. Transactions were up 151% from April 2020. YTD 2021 $ volume is pacing 91% up and transactions are up 65% from YTD 2020.
- Residential Cost Analysis: Residential volume in April had 191 transactions with $203,519,000 gross volume. There were 72 properties that sold for $1M and above in April. There were 63 Single Family, 128 Multi-Family and 13 Vacant Land transactions.
- Average Price History by Type-YTD 2021: Average price for residential Single Family: $1,586,128, Multi- Family: $676,626 and Vacant Land: $352,941.
- Comparative Historical Cost Analysis Comparison 2021-2020-2019: YTD 2021, there have been 632 residential transactions and $634,993,962 gross $ volume with 202 properties selling for over $1M. In 2020, there were 387 transactions with $320,514,723 gross $ volume with 102 properties selling for over $1M. In 2019, there were 443 transactions with $372,849,796 gross $ volume with 104 properties selling for over $1M.
- Top Lender Analysis April 2021: There were 662 loans in April,157 loans were related to sales, there were 367 refis and 138 loans were timeshare related. And, 32% of the real estate closings were cash transactions.
- Market Highlights: Please see page 11 of the Market Analysis- Note the higher priced sale in 2021 in Breckenridge at $5,250,000. The top priced PSF was in Breckenridge in Shock Hill at $1,460.
- Purchaser Profile Abstract: There were 75 upper end sales in April 2021. Our buyers for real estate transactions for April 2021: Local buyers at 25%, with the Front Range demographic at 46% and 29% are out of state buyers with 0% International. There is a graph included showing demographic trends through 2013 on page 17.
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Land Title. Please reach out with any questions.