January 2017 Market Analysis
Please note that Land Title data comes from actual recorded transactions at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office for that particular month. The information is not directly related to MLS data. The data is an unofficial tabulation of Summit County Records that are believed to be reasonably accurate. If you choose to utilize this marketing information in any publications or websites, please make sure you are quoting Land Title as your source. You are welcome to utilize this link within your own websites.
- Market Analysis by Area for January 2017: There were 203 transactions and $122,880,919 in monetary volume. Some trends for all 18 reported areas in December: $621,604- Average transaction price, $670,122- Average residential price and $397-PPSF.
- Market Snapshot for Years 2017 vs 2016: Average Indicators for $: Single Family +22% Multi- Family +10% and Vacant Land -15%. Median Indicators for $: Single Family +16%, Multi- Family 9% and Vacant Land -8%.
- Market Analysis % Change YTD 2017 : Monetary volume ($91,901,074) in January 2017 was substantially higher at 45% compared to January 2016. Transactions (138) were only up by 11%.
- Residential Market Sales by Price Point: Residential volume in January had 113 transactions with $79,082,360 gross volume. There were 23 properties that sold for $1M and above in January. The most active price point was up a bit between $300K-400K with 19 transactions. There were 41 Single Family,72 Multi-Family and 7 Vacant Land transactions in January.
- Average Price History by Type 2017: Average price for residential Single Family: $1.139,945 ( another milestone for the highest since Land Title has been tracking), Multi- Family: $449,231 and Vacant Land: $299,714.
- Comparative Historical Cost Analysis 2017: There were again 113 residential transactions and $79,082,360 gross $ volume with 23 properties selling for a $1M and over-compared to 2016, there were 104 transactions and $55,534,150 $ gross volume, 9 properties at $1M and over and in 2015, there were 98 transactions with $56,210,600 $ gross volume, 12 properties at $1M and over.
- Top Lender Graph: There were 452 loans in January, 70% (96) of the loans were related to sales, there were 152 REFI’s and 204 loans were timeshare related. 30% of the real estate closings were cash transactions.
- Market Highlights: Please see page 10 of the Market Analysis- You can note the higher priced sale in January in the Sawmill Patch Placer area, also for the highest PPSF. There were no bank sales in January.
- Foreclosures: Down again, with only 2 actions in January, compared to 4 in January 2016. There with no PTD filings in January.
- Purchaser Profile Abstract: There were 25 upper end purchasers in January compared to 22 in December 2016. Our buyers for real estate transactions in January were the Front Range demographic at 33% of our market, 36% are “local” and 31% are out of state buyers with barely 1% International.
- Land Title New Development Summary: This (page 16) shows all the new construction each month with 11 in January compared to 16 in December 2016.