Here is where you can find all the latest info on the Summit County, CO market from Anne of The Skinner Team. Including our market stats video series and information compiled by the Land Title Guarantee Company.
A Review of December 1st – 15th, 2020 Market Stats Info:
Please note that Land Title data comes from actual recorded transactions at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office for that particular month. The information is not directly related to MLS data. The data is an unofficial tabulation of Summit County Records that are believed to be reasonably accurate. If you choose to utilize this marketing information in any publications or websites, please make sure you are quoting Land Title as your source. You are welcome to utilize this link within your own websites.
October real estate in Summit County tops last months record with $360M in gross volume and 442 transactions!
- Market Analysis by Area for October 2020: There were a total of 442 transactions and $360,036,310 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas, plus Deed Restricted transactions was $836,840, average residential price was $907,528 and average residential PSF was $527.
- YTD 2020 Market Analysis by Area (10 months): There were a total of 2123 transactions, and $1,726,919,986 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas was $834,787, average residential price was $898,740 and average residential PPF was $517.
- Market Snapshot for FULL Years 2020 vs 2019: Average Indicators for $: Single Family +7% change, Multi- Family +7% and Vacant Land -2%. Median Indicators for Single Family +11%, Multi- Family +10% and Vacant Land 5%.
- Market Analysis % Change YTD Year 2020: Monetary volume ($360,036,310) in October 2020 was up 81% from October 2019. Transactions (442) were up 55% from October 2019. YTD 2020 Monetary Volume is pacing 12% up from YTD 2019. YTD 2020 transactions are pacing 7% up to YTD 2019.
- Residential Cost Analysis: Residential volume in October had 364 transactions with $330,340,010 gross volume. There were 95 properties that sold for $1M and above in October. There were 128 Single Family, 236 Multi-Family and 36 Vacant Land transactions.
- Average Price History by Type- YTD Year 2020: Average price for residential Single Family: $1,349,741, Multi-family: $601,687 and Vacant Land: $339,415.
- Comparative Historical Cost Analysis Comparison YTD 2020-2019-2018: YTD 2020, there were 1725 residential transactions and $1,550,326,356 gross $ volume with 488 properties selling for over $1M. YTD 2019, there were 1554 transactions with $1,279,897,406 gross $ volume with 360 properties selling for over $1M. YTD 2018, there were 1662 transactions with $1,243,846,478 gross $ volume with 309 properties selling for over $1M.
- Top Lender Analysis October 2020: There were 738 loans in October. 322 loans were related to sales. There were 383 REFI’s and 33 loans were timeshare related. 27% of the real estate closings were cash transactions.
- Market Highlights: Please see page 11 of the Market Analysis- Note the the higher priced sale in October 2020 in the Timber Trail area -Breckenridge at $4.800,000. The top priced PSF was in the Mountain Thunder condos – Breck at $972.
- Foreclosures: There was one Foreclosure action in October 2020 compared to 8 in October 2019. There have been a total of 25 Foreclosure actions YTD 2020. There were no Bank sales in October.
- Purchaser Profile Abstract: Upper end sales were down in October with 98 compared to 115 in September. Our buyers for real estate transactions for October 2020: Front Range demographic at 45% of our market, 19% are “local” and 36% are out of state buyers with 0% International.
- Land Title New Development Summary: This (page 18) shows all the new construction each month, there were 28 in October.
Historical Summit County Market Analysis
Click here for Archived Summit County Market Analysis