Despite the mild start, winter is right around the corner. With our harsh weather and cold temperatures, it’s important to make sure your home is ready for winter. Here are a couple things you can do to get your home prepped:
1) Tune up your heating system – have a qualified professional perform a yearly service check as soon as temperatures start dropping.
2) Reverse your ceiling fans – during the winter you can use your ceiling fans in reverse to push warm air back down so it doesn’t gather at the ceiling.
3) Turn on your heat tape and ensure it is working – if your gutters or roof is prone to ice dams, heat tape can prevent ice build up which can lead to further damage.
4) Have your fireplace serviced – its always a good idea to have your fireplace serviced yearly to ensure that there are no carbon monoxide leaks.
5) Check your winter essentials – ice melt, shovels and snowblowers can be essential parts of your winter tool kit. Make sure everything is in tip top shape.